Welcome to Kamp Kiwanis!
- Kamp Kiwanis provides a camping experience in a rustic setting for over 180 children in three, one-week sessions each summer.
- Participating campers are selected by Davidson County Department of Social Services.
- Campers learn skills of swimming, canoeing, archery, crafts, hygiene and other health matters.
- Trained high school and college students interact with campers and serve as role models.
- Members of the Kiwanis Club of Lexington visit daily to share meals, read to campers and provide instruction in crafts and athletics.
- Local Church Youth Groups also interact with the children during their stay at camp.
- Operating funds are provided through proceeds from the club’s operation of the annual Davidson County Agricultural Fair.
Kiwanis Club Calendar
Today is May 6th
2020 Club Calendar
Weekly Meetings on Thursdays at Noon
J. Smith Young YMCA
January 21 (Tues) Board Meeting at Yarboroughs
February 6 No Meeting at the YMCA
February 7 (Fri) Valentine Dinner and Dance
April 16 High School Chorus
May 12 (Tues) Board Meeting at Yarboroughs
May 28 Fair Ad Presentation by Cordy and Walter
June 9 (Tues) BBQ Chicken at Kamp Kiwanis
June 11 No Meeting at Y
June 18 Meet at Kamp Kiwanis
June 25 Meet at Kamp Kiwanis
July 2 No Meeting
September 17 Fair Preparation
September 24 Fair Week
2020 Kamp Kiwanis
June 14 - July 4
2020 Davidson County Fair
September 21 - 26
**IMPORTANT NOTE TO MEMBERS**
If for some reason you cannot meet your Program commitment IT IS YOUR RESONSIBILITY TO FIND ANOTHER KIWANIAN WHO WILL TAKE YOUR PROGRAM DATE AND FULLFILL IT.
Programs should be informative. No Political or solicitations speakers please.
Call Walter Fulp, Social Chair, if you have any questions. 336-249-7531
- Capital Expenditures: We continue to emphasize a program which upgrades and improves our existing facilities.
- Funds can also be designated to permanently endow a scholarship at Davidson County Community College for the use of former campers to further their education.
- You may also designate your gift to the General Endowment Fund, the earnings from which will be used to fund futureoperations of the camp.
We'd Love to Hear from You
PO Box 1951
Lexington NC 27293